« Home | MARCH 19, 2007: SHUT DOWN THE WAR MACHINE! » | Shut down the war machine! » | Loyalist nutter storms N. Ireland Assembly » | Something to chew on this Thanksgiving » | PETA is hopping mad! » | Worst month ever. » | Racism in Russia, danger looms for workers » | Continuing crises in Africa » | U.S. to train counterevolutionaries in Latin Ameri... » | Gas station employees strike in Spain »

Can we weather the storm?

I've been away for quite a while, and I appologize for that. One reason is that I had trouble logging in here, another is that I was extremely busy. I am still very busy, but I'll be sure to post at least once or twice a week from now on.

Today I want to talk about the insane weather we're having across the U.S.

Ice storms in Southern California and Texas?!? 60 degree January days in New England?!? Bears aren't even hibernating. It appears the capitalists have fucked up the state of our world worse than many of us thought. I've read some climate / ocean level estimates that scared the hell out of me. Within a few years we could be living in a world that is changed in serious ways. All of this in the name of creating profit for a handful of filthly rich scum bags.

This is a hell of a system they have going!

Labels: ,

My computer died, so I've been slow to comment.

Why some prefer Rush Limbaugh's views on global warming to scientists, I don't know.

I'm honestly skeptical about the "Stop the War" tactic. I think a mass demonstration would be the best tactic.

Regards.

I think a mass demonstration, with a united front, based on agreement of the principle of "out of Iraq", is the best move for this period.

The main thing is to isloate the liberal misleaders, who have the same agenda as Bush.

Your tactic I think is too soon. The antiwar movement needs to be built.

Environmental disaster is not the capitalist crisis Marx warned of but it's real enough. I see no reason not to open two fronts, one a general strike and civil disobedience, another of mass demonstrations. But be ready for some "reform" then a backlash and renewed repression. Ive been here before.

On the topic of global warming, its a shame people ignore it but it's the byproduct of a system that survives on profit-motivation.

On the war, I prefer the World Can't Wait's tactics of mass civil disobedience and rallies. The Stop the War thing seems like a boycott which is often ineffective.

Post a Comment


Powered by the working class!
& Blogger Templates